The Little Snafu

Sequoia National Park Travel Blog

Our campsite #100
Of my 5 friends who went, four of them were couples and both the fifth person and myself were single, thus we had four tents. There was plenty of room for all of us but I guess the rangers didnt agree. The campground information said 6 people per campsite but they also want only two tents! Thankfully we had some pretty big tents but I still felt bad that we had to stuff 3 girls in one and 3 guys in the other. We ended up being fairly compfortable but rearranging the campsite took most of the day and my new tent got put away after only one nights use!

I think the campsite (and the bear box for food storage) was rather tight for 6 so I highly recommend getting two adjacent sites if you have 6-8 adults. The campfires also have large flat stones around them so I also recommend just bringing cushions rather than packing full chairs.
We were right next to the marble fork of the Kaweah River
Our site was very shady and so we only put up our pop up shade on the day we spent mostly in the site relaxing.

We spent the rest of the day relaxing and checking out the market village center. I also made a customary sweep of all the tent only campsites so as to determine which ones would be the best to get next time. Just about any two adjacent ones ( on the river side of course! ) would be good as most of the sites were rather consistent. I would like to get some of the ones in the back where you have to kind of hike in a bit. By hike I mean you car isnt right next to your tent but nor can you hear / see any of the cars going by on the road, while not a problem, would have been nice.
Our campsite #100
We were right next to the marble f…
We were right next to the marble …
Sequoia National Park