How I met Txnskr!

Bali Travel Blog

Sunset at Kuta beach

when you read this travel blog, please take a look in detail for the date and the time**

I saw there was a notification that Txnskr a.k.a Clay will be going to Bali at the same time with me! So I was thinking “why don’t I message him?”

If we could meet in Bali that would be great!

We were messaging back and forth and a day before I left for Bali I sent my last messages.

July 2, 2008 4:57 PM

Hi Clay,

I'll be arriving in
Bali at noon tomorrow. I'll be staying in Kuta. Where are you staying at?
My invitation is still open if you are interested. If you have something more fun to do (of course you will..hehehe) then don't worry about it.

Take care and have fun!
cheers, Rini

July 2, 2008 5:04 PM

Im staying at Kedin's about 200m off the beach on Popies I.

Clay and the sunset
Where are you staying? Im thinking about taking a tour to see the besakih temple and the volcano tomorrow, but I would love to grab dinner or a drink depending on what time the tour ends. I'll email you later today.

Thanks,
Clay

July 2, 2008 5:45 PM

Okay, I will take a note. Kedin.

I'm staying at Aneka Kuta Beach Hotel near Mc.Donald.
Focus on your tour first, then whenever you are available you can let me know. I will check my email now and then.
Cheers, Rini

After finishing all my businesses with hotel check-in, I headed to an Internet Café.  Little did I know that I was actually heading to Kedin’s Internet Café. I just found out when I read the sign before entered in the place :)

So, I sent another message to Clay about my planning for the day.

July 3, 2008 1:59 PM

Hi Clay.

I'm already in Bali :D
And guess what, I'm actually writing this message at Kedin Internet Cafe :)

I don't know where you at now and I don't think I will check my message again later today. So, what about meeting at
7 PM in front of K-Mart Kuta (next to Mc.D). I will wait for you until 7:30 :) I'm thinking of going to Made's Warung..

Don't worry about not showing up if you have something better coming up! You should have fun in
Bali :)

So, see ya!
Cheers, Rini

Right after I hit the send button, I checked my inbox and I got a message from Clay!

July 3, 2008 1:58 PM

Heya,

I'm all done for today. I might go tan a bit and maybe watch the sunset. If you want to meet right before that, I'm sure you would like the sunsets on the beach. I can meet you in the lobby of your hotel at
5:15pm. If you dont get this in time, then we can meet later in the lobby. Just let me know. I will check this around 5pm.

Best,

Clay

I didn’t get any new messages in my inbox before I sent my message to Clay. So, I was thinking again.. since he’s staying at Kedin he would probably somewhere near me right now.

Clay and the sunset

Then I sent 2 messages to him..

July 3, 2008 2:00 PM

Waitt....
Are we in the same place right now???
I think we are

July 3, 2008 2:01 PM

Hi Clay..
Disregard my message then...
Yes, we can surely meet at my hotel lobby at
5:15 PM.

See ya!
Rini

Not too long.

. I got his reply..

July 3, 2008 2:04 PM

yeah I am at Kedin's Internet, wearing a black t-shirt and white board shorts.

I was looking around to see a guy wearing a black t-shirt and white boardshorts..

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA……..

HE WAS SITTING RIGHT NEXT TO ME!!!!!!! It was odd and hilarious how we met!  We laughed, shook hands and chatted a bit.

…. Stick to our plan, we met again around 5:30 PM and headed to Kuta beach. The sunset was unbelievably awesome! We were chatting on the beach and took some pictures. Then, we headed to Made’s Warung to have a BIRTHDAY DINNER for me!!!

We talked about EVERYTHING! From traveling experience, diving, photography, politic, religion and many more. It was very enjoyable birthday dinner! Clay is a great BUDDY!

Time flies when we had a good time and it was already time to say good bye to Clay. So we hugged and said our farewell!

reikunboy says:
I'm going to bali and was just reading the bali blogs. This weas a funny story
Posted on: Jul 15, 2009
rintjez says:
Yes, hilarious memory to keep! Always expect to meet TB members anywhere! Keep ALERT!
Posted on: Jul 17, 2008