And The First Accountant Orders A Round Of Drinks.......

Frankfurt am Main Travel Blog

Sitting In The Irish Bar

I love sleeping in hostels. Some people hate it. I prefer it to a hotel. The atmosphere is so different. Without even trying it normally brings a group together.

All the lads were in one room, the girls in the next. The lads had such banter when we got back to the room. Thank god nobody else was sharing with us and trying to sleep! We eventually wore ourselves out and the craic died down a enough for us to fall fast asleep.
I always find it funny, when in a group situation, most people will lie in their beds until somebody else decides to get up....this morning was to be no exception to this. When I asked if anybody was awake, they all answered. So after most of us only getting 2 hours sleep, we showered up and hit the pub to get settled in for the Man United match later that day.

The Crazy Hens Party

My mother once said, start the way you mean to continue. While I am certain this is not what she had in mind, up I went to the bar and myself & Keogh tucked into a couple of beers sitting in the morning sun have a big Irish fry up watching the football!! Honestly, it doesn't get much better than that at all.

After the game, we headed off walking around the town. We seemed to have walked the wrong way but did find a few dingy bars before finding our way back to the main streets up past the Central Bank where we found some classier bars and encountered the strangest custom I have ever known. Leaving in Dublin we are familiar with Hen's parties but in Frankfurt we discovered a whole other twist on the age old tradition of making the most of your last few moments of single life.

Jimmy's Reaction Says It All
The "Hen" we met in Frankfurt had to try and sell the most random things to make money!! That does not sound like much fun to me, being forced by your friends to make money??

After plenty of fun at the expense of several Hens parties we finally made it back to the girls and went out for dinner, which we all found way to salty. The bottle of jaeger that the sold to us helped make up for this however!

Tonight we decided to go out and hit all the Super Night Clubs that we had heard so much about. Perhaps going back to our room to polish off the Jaeger and a couple of bottles of vodka. We had some trouble getting all 14 of us into some of the clubs so we ended up moving on many times. We ended up in Cocoon.

That was an experience and a half. The drinks were well too expensive. The club was amazing. Massive. Really massive. Lots of little cool spots to hang out and relax in.

Jimmys Reaction Says It All
Jimmy's Reaction Says It All
Tom Tries To Show Them How Its Do…
Tom Tries To Show Them How It's D…