Swift passage through

Lucerne Travel Blog

Distracted from the job at hand by a pretty face

I was in that state of "zombie-phoria" again due to the less than appropriate amount of Zs being stacked last night.

I dawdled out of Balmers after all those good-byes and wandered through Interlakens shopping centre looking in the windows as I went.
  There were some great carvings I would have loved to buy, and probably would have if I wasn't brassic.  Even though I was half dopey I was very aware that I had to watch my Francs.
  I decided some snaps of the carvings would have to do.  I thought maybe I'd have a crack at putting a chisle to wood myself one day, after all I'm swiss somewhere deep down so I must have that ability.  Trouble is I'd have to get me a nice set of blades and they are sure to be more pricey than the figures themselves.

On the boat I sat and let the picturesque landscapes play in front of me.

Gloomy day on the Brienzersee
  The weather was a little dull and this made me think I might end up a little wet.  I wasn't going to go indoors though, I had to see it all.

From boat to train and once again I was amazed at the precision of Swiss transport.  I had heard that if a train runs any more than 2 minutes late there is some sort of an enquiry.  There were not be any of those enquiries whilst I was there, everything was spot-on on time.

I got to Lucerne YHA mid-afternoon.  I dumped everything on my bed and decided I'd go and have a wander around.  I found the river and trudged along it's banks.  An american woman, whose name I've forgotten, met and walked with me.  It was a pleasant afternoon as we shared our travel tales.  We got some dinner somewhere and returned to the hostel for the evening.

I think this was the first time I had met anyone and not swapped contact details.  I'll have to say it's very unlike me as I love to meet new folk and stay in touch but I guess I was just too whacked to get organised.  It had been a huge night last night and the lack of sleep had done me in.

I slept like a log and next morning we sat together at breakfast before I hit the trail again to Zurich.  I'm sorry to say I didn't really see much of Lucerne, and I recall even less.

Distracted from the job at hand by…
Distracted from the job at hand b…
Boatsheds on the Brienzersee