Party! Party! Party!

Pilning Travel Blog

Mark-boyo & Tony

As we got closer to the day of our intended departure everyone was in the mood to celebrate.  I don't think it was because they were going to be very happy to see the back of us but they were a polite bunch and that may very well have been the case and they just weren't going to say so.

Anyway, there were barbeques, and drinking sessions galore and as I look through all the snaps I can only work out which is which by what clothes we were wearing, or at one point for me what I wasn't wearing.

Obviously we had made a good number of friends in the village.  Darryn had been there about a year and I'd been there for about 5-6 weeks and we were due to head into deepest darkest Africa so we wouldn't see these folk for about 3 months.

We had to have so many parties because there were work mates and tenants of the garage, there was Darryn's family and then of course our friends.  That fact that most of them attended all the parties made no difference to us.

There was also parting gifts to be given -that's where the nities came in.

All in all we had an absolute blast that wekk although the liquor store may have been a bit bummed we were leaving.

Rachel and Darryn
Rachel and Darryn
Set for the night!
Set for the night!
The girls
The girls
Robin & Darryn
Robin & Darryn
Mark, Rob, Darryn & Yvonne (obsc)
Mark, Rob, Darryn & Yvonne (obsc)
Pilning