Paris again !

Paris Travel Blog

Lunch in île Saint-Louis, Paris.

It's been more than 3 years since I last came to Paris. I have a friend there and I've heard that she gave birth a baby boy last year, so I was so much more excited to be in Paris than usual. And this time, I also wanted to visit Grand Palais where you could see the special exhibition of Marie Antoinette, Petit Palais and also the museum of decorative art. which I've never been to.

In the morning of 20, I took a TGV from Dijon with other students, and decided to have lunch together at ile Saint Louis. First I left my luggage to my friends office which located just in front of the Louvre-what a fabulous location !- then I took a metro to the meeting point.

Conciergerie
We found a nice restaurant there, and we also had ice cream at Berthillon after that.

Then we all headed for the defferent directions- for me, it was le Musee d'Arts Decoratifs. It was located next to the Louvre, and you can see great numbers of decorative arts from various ages. My favorite is Art-Nouveau, but I also enjoyed others. The museum is colsed at 18:00, and I arrived there at 16:00, so I could only see the 2/3 of the museum...2 hours was not at all enough !

After the museum, I met my friend again and went to her appartment together. There, I saw her family and of course her baby, Hadrian ! He was so cute, like an angel !!!
We had Lebanese dinner(it was my first time to try it, and was really good ) at home, and talked for hours ! We've been friends for more than 10 years, and had so much to talk about :-)

mkrh says:
Lovely story. Lovely food with a picture.

Nice.
Posted on: Oct 28, 2008
Biglush_23 says:
^^ As much as i hate my own memories of the city, you seem to have captured that which was most dear to me: 1)Food & 2)The architecture ^^w
Posted on: Oct 28, 2008