Sunday...another day off.

Adare Travel Blog

Since today was a Sunday...we once again had the day off. After another morning waking up to the best breakfast in the world, the youngsters of the group decided to tour the town. Too bad we left the camera behind in the hotel. So sorry for the lack of pictures for today.

First we stopped by the hotel's bar. Yes, I know it was only around noon. But the guys and I didn't want the poor South African bartender to be by himself, so we joined him for a few rounds.

Then I met up with Maureen to explore the town. We found a qaint little cafe that had the best pastries. Maureen would only leave if I allowed her to buy only "two big bags" of goodies. Thank god the word 'diet' never ever crosses my mind. You have to understand...Maureen has a real weakness for any kind of baked treats. I kid you not when I tell you she put on her college application essay that she never met a cookie she didn't like. Honest.

Now, how Maureen is with cookies - I am with books. Right around the corner from the cafe, there was this little old book store. It was great. It was like a little old Irish man saved all the books he ever read his whole life and decided to open an old book store when he retired. I love that rare kind of bookstore. You can walk in and just 'smell' the books. You can't help but smile as you enter. What can I say, I love books.

photo by: Hummingbird