Arriving In NZ

Christchurch Travel Blog

2 days (technically anyway) after leaving London we finally arrived in New Zealand.  One more flight to go and we would be in Christchurch...  We had a couple of hours to wait for our flight to Christchurch.. we phoned my Uncle to tell him we had arrived then generally mooched around until our flight was called.  Soon we were on our way to Christchurch... the travelling was almost over!

I think that I have been on quite a few travels and know that it's always a good idea to have luggage that is easily identifiable so you can grab it the second it gets on the belt.  For this trip I had chosen a crazy bright pink suitcase covered in massive flowers... Not gonna miss that one... and I didn't.  However, I did pick up the wrong easily identifiable suitcase.  A girl that got on the flight in LA had the exact same suitcase as me... freaky!

Once I had picked up my correct suitcase we headed out to the car rental desk to pick up our car.  I had directions to get everywhere from Google and they all seemed pretty straight forward - it seemed like I just needed to get on one road and stay on there to get to each place I was going... but now we were about to get our car I was a little worried - what happened if I got lost in the middle of no where, I would have no clue as to which direction I needed to go... I had images of starving to death in the middle of the wilderness and being eaten by sheep!

The rental guys gave me a load of maps, so in addition to my directions from Google we were pretty much sorted!  The only other thing that I needed to do was figure out (quickly) how to drive an automatic car!  We loaded our suitcases in the boot... and we were off!!

Christchurch