Endless, sleepless nights

Los Angeles Travel Blog

It's been a LONG and exhausting week!  Though we all know I'm a procrastinator (but only when it comes to personal things, never business!), I might be the queen of them all.  Not only did I have a ton to do but I worked the whole week too.  I not only planned this trip, but also had to plan and pack for my trip in Seattle AFTER Africa for the holidays since I'm going straight there.  Because winter clothes don't work too well in Ghana, I decided to mail my warm and cozy clothes to my brothers house so they'll be there waiting and I could bring more supplies for the kids in Ghana.  On top of that, a girl is renting my room out and likely moving in so I had to prepare my house for her.  YIKES!

It's now 3:30 am and I just got home from work.  I have a few things to finish up in the hour until I have to leave for the airport.  Yup, it's called pulling an all nighter!  I leave for the airport at 4:45 to fly to Seattle, arriving at 9:15 am....I'll have an early Thanksgiving dinner with my family and closest friends and then back at the Seattle airport at you guessed it, 4:30 am for my 18 hour flight to Ghana.  Everyone at work called me crazy for working the night before I left...especially when I had stuff to do but ya know what?  Traveling unfortunately doesn't pay for itself!

I'm sure I'm forgetting loads of things but ya know what?  This is why I love going to Ghana.  Because once you get there, all your worries quite literally disappear.  Mostly because you can't really fix most of them being half way around the world from your life and access to daily things, though they're not quite so third world as you would think in Accra...but still.  It's hard to tackle things in your "other life" while in Ghana so instead I choose to just simply...not!  I figure why stress about it if I can't fix it?

Oh the beauty of being on a plane again!  I can't wait to see the smiling faces of the kids at Golden Era on Tuesday!  All the stress will be well worth it!