Where my baby was born

Stuttgart Travel Blog

My 911L with full racing kit added. Look how clean she is!

I had to take a day trip to Stuttgart so I planned it and jumped a train.

The home of the Porsche Factory!!  Where my baby was born!

I was 18 years old when I went to Auckland to see Susan Vega in concert.
  My brother thought it would be a good idea to spend the day "test driving" sports cars -just because it would be a blast!

Naturally I ended up buying a 1968 911L.  My father wasn't too impressed when I rocked up back home with it and he knew exactly which of his two sons had thought it was a great idea.  My brother was never allowed to go with me to Auckland again after that.  Ha!!

It was ex UK so needed a lot of work done to it but I've never driven a car that felt so responsive in my life.

Entry permitted
  The 911 is a true drivers car!

I owned it for 3 years before I had to make a choice between car and house (I couldn't afford both any longer) and sadly, I couldn't sleep in the car.

I had enjoyed some great drives around both the North and South Islands of NZ (I'll get around to blogging those trips one day) and even with all my experience behind the wheel now I haven't found a car that provided me with such a buzz as this little rocket.

So I rocked up to the Factory Museum and for a small fee received a nice cloth ticket to stick on my jacket.

I wandered around the displays and drooled over the various models.
  One of my favourite shapes is the early 356, just beautiful!

I was able to read the history of the marque in the pamphlet they had supplied and there were many things I didn't know in there.

I found a little model of my own car and I had to fight back the tears.  Boo hoo, I want another one!!!

goezi says:
Sweet alright!
ejames01 says:
YOu could have fit a Tv, Fridge, and a shower in that car....lol What a choice to make.
ejames01 says:
Sweet Ride!!!
Posted on: Sep 07, 2008
My 911L with full racing kit added…
My 911L with full racing kit adde…
Original look of my model