Not here for the Oktoberfest -it's March!!

Munich Travel Blog

Easy day for Taxi Drivers too

I was slowing down I guess.
  I'd had a good sleep in Salzburg, which was great, but I decided I'd take a few deep breaths for a day or two whilst I hung in Munchen.

It was a big city and of course everyone visits in October as a rule (well, when I say everyone I mean everyone from NZ and Aus) but this was March and I wasn't here to drink liters and liters of beer.

I found a hostel and somewhere nice to sit and enjoy the morning.

During this time I thought about what it was I wanted to see.  I already knew I was going to go to the Dachau Memorial Camp, but that was tomorrows plan.

I was after an easy walk today.

I decided I'd stay in the sun as much as I could and ended up wandering around the area near my hostel.

I went out to enjoy the sun and the Englischer Garten.

New seasons colours

I dawdled through the park making my way back to the center in time to catch the Glockenspiel on the Neues Rathaus.

The park was refreshing, the mechanical performance of the clock was delightful.

All in all it was an easy day, just what I needed!

I must admit too that I had my fair share of Munich beers too.  Not one to spend much time drinking on my own I decided it would be okay to pop in to one or the other of the taverns I passed and sample a drop of this city's finest.
  Nothing, in my humble, goes as well with a hearty dinner of sausage and sauerkraut than an ice cold bier!

As I wandered through the town I also found the shop displays were as artistic as the ones I had seen in Madrid.

Got to admit I do love to window shop!

Munich