Around the Ring

Ring of Kerry Travel Blog

No traffic problems on the Ring of Kerry.

The next morning I awoke after the family had risen and broken their fasts.  Paula's Ma helped me find my way around the breakfast table, again ignoring my calls that I could help myself, feeding me up, and ensuring I was more than satisfied.

Paula had arranged to borrow her father's car so she could drive me around the Ring of Kerry.  The day was still a little gloomy with the ending of winter so we wrapped up warm and hit the trail.

We stopped at several locations of interest around the ring and Paula was able to give me a bit of information about what we were looking at.
    We saw a mill and a church, ruins of a castle, Abbey ruins and a grand house, we went for a little bush walk, visited an historic gravesite, and enjoyed a pint at a tiny tavern.

Ye Olde Mill.

Anyone visiting the area can certainly fill as day circumnavigating The Ring as we did.  We did it easily in a day but one could spend more time at the various sites and have enough to do with an overnighter somewhere on the way around.

We also swung in too see her cousin along the way.  We had lunch with her and she joined us for the local sites and shared the duties of sharing with me the history behind the monuments.

The drive made for a good day but we didn't get back to NCW at the appointed time and Paula's Pa was not too pleased at not having his wheels as expected.
    We blamed it on the traffic jam we'd come upon in one of the villages we passed through.  We discovered there had been great success on a football field in the village and the whole population had turned out to celebrate.
    We couldn't blame it on traffic around the Ring itself, we'd had more trouble with sheep than cars!

No traffic problems on the Ring of…
No traffic problems on the Ring o…
Ye Olde Mill.
Whats left of Muckross Abbey.
What's left of Muckross Abbey.
Muckross House.