Home via Ireland

Dublin Travel Blog

Dawn in Dun Laoghaire.

I left Bristol and headed by train through Wales to Holyhead.  Here I was to take a Ferry across to Dun Laoghaire in Ireland.  That wouldn't have been an issue at all if it wasn't for the plan to do it all at night.

The train from Bristol was the easy part.  I made my way to the station by foot after a quick bite to eat.  There wasn't much to see out the window as the train rushed by villages and towns that were to me no more than a collection of lights in the dark.
    I had to catch the ferry from Holyhead at 2am, by then I was starting to hang.

I arrived in Ireland at 5.30am and somewhere in the dark had to find a set of wheels to get me into Dublin.

School delivery? Wish I attended here!

I was very much looking forward to the trip.  Not only was I going to see some of those things that seemed wholly Irish to me at last, but I had also planned my trip around a visit with Paula whom I'd met 1/2 a year earlier, in Switzerland.

Dublin was most enjoyable.  I do believe the women there are the most beautiful of all the countries I have yet visited.  No wonder the artists in this town find so much inspiration.
    I may be wrong in this though.  Saw a truck delivering guinness to one of the schools, maybe this is the true secret as to why Dubliners are so creative.  In NZ we used to have milk in schools but this is ridiculous!

The sad thing about my Dublin visit was the fact I was only there for 1/2 a day.  My whole trip around Ireland was to be fast-paced and I was making my way to Belfast in the evening.
    As I wandered the city centre I was confused by the strange splotches on the faces of some of the people.  At first I saw one, then a couple until the whole street seemed full of people with a sorry fashion statement.  Finally I discovered it was Ash Wednesday and these folk had all done their thing in church this morning.

Dawn in Dun Laoghaire.
School delivery?  Wish I attended …
School delivery? Wish I attended…
Dublin