Home up to Edinburgh

Edinburgh Travel Blog

For the first day of my trip, I had to be up early, not because my flight to Scotland was early, that was going to be at 2pm, but because I still had two loads of washing to do from Dublin where I had just returned from the day before... ahhh! I got up at 7am, but the first load of washing on, had a bath, and then started to pack. No panic, I still had 3 hours before my sister was due to pick me up to drive me to the station.

It was nice to have one night back my nice bed before heading back into to hostel accommodation for 6 nights. At 11.30, my siter picked me up and we headed to St. Albans station so I could catch the train to Luton Airport Parkway. You then can catch the 5 min shuttle bus to the actual airport.

It meant I arrived at the air port at 12.10, only 10mins after check in opened.

I had run down all the food in my flat, so I had had very little breakfast, so next stop was food...Burger King double bacon cheeseburger....can't beat it!! I then headed straight through security and onto the gate. The great news was that everyone was early, so they bored the plane early and we left 10mins ahead of schedule...Easyjet, you rock!!

Even better news, my flight landed 20mins ahead of schedule...pilot, you rock!! Edinburgh airport is one of those nice compact airports all in one building so getting from the plain, through the airport building to the taxi rank took about 4mins, including waiting 2mins to get my bag. I chose to get a taxi into town as I wasn't sure where the buses were heading.

After a 10min journey into town, the taxi dropped me outside my hostel. So I preceded down this alleyway, up some steps to the entrance of this hostel, only to find out my hostel was next door, thanks to the clear signage. On inside the right hostel I was greeted by Caroline who booked me in and gave me millions of keys...ok, I exaggerate, only 3 keys, one for the room door, one for my locker, and one for the safe inside the locked locker!?! Lovely, everything will be nice and secure!! Oh, and my room name was Addictions, and my bed name was Gambling, haha, they couldn't have got me more wrong!!

Time to explore Edinburgh! My hostel was on the Royal Mile, right in the centre of everything, and where the Fringe comedy festival takes place throughout the month of August. I got some food and found out where my tour was laving in the morning, all good stuff.

I went back to my hostel about 9pm, and chilled out in the common-room/hostel entrance. Got chatting to some of the other people staying in the hostel before heading to bed to get some sleep.

photo by: vances