The space between

Berlin Travel Blog

There is a freedom in getting lost, in going no-where, to have no plans, to have no expectations but to just be.  Traveling is what drives me from within.  Someone said what I, (and many of us here), am experiencing is only realised somewhere between running and flying.  It is true.  It is a constant thirst of knowing.  Knowing what, I don't know.  Finding what, I don't know.  I refuse to get stuck in a rut.  I refuse to let my life be dictated by the others.  Traveling for me is not to stay in a 5-star posh hotel, not just the sight-seeing.  It is a matter of seeing the world, experiencing that culture clash, and laughing at myself, listening (and trying to learn) to this new alien tongue, seeing beauty in the face of this other person that lives outside my bubble, meeting a complete stranger who somehow crossed my path, and therefore - willing or not - becomes intertwined... part of me, of who I am.
I am not just me.  I am a part of many people who were strangers once.
Where is home? I am still unpacking this word.  I have lived in many countries before... and 2 months ago, i woke up in Berlin.  This is an amazing city, much to be uncovered behind its touristy mask.  It is where memory and present collide.  I must say, I can see myself here in 10 years.  But I do feel my feet itch again...  So, Wroclaw it shall be.  I am excited to be traveling again, feel that freedom again. But it will not be for long because I have exams. Ugh.  But I shall be traveling again - soon.  Very soon.
The world is my oyster.
Ode to my fellow travellers out there who know what I am talking about.  May you find yourself in that space between running and flying.