the story of being free is about to end and with you i took the risk of being me.

Madrid Travel Blog

scary hanie!
i went back to the hostel with hanie, dave and alex about 12 midnight, as i have a flight back to düsseldorf at 8:30 in the morning and hanie and dave too early in the morning. alex still had his flight back to scotland in the afternoon, but he wanted to get a good nights sleep. but before that i said goodbye to tirso for organizing such a wonderful, unforgetable, unorthodox, amazing, EXTRAORDINARY meet up for us. he showed us what madrid really was, the old spain.

then, saying goodbye to the greatest travbuddies i had, i hugged lori , rubs and hannah so tight, and thank them for coming with me and wished them more fun and adventure on their next journeys. then to ben, i know that we will travel together sooner than later.
im dead!
then to all my wonderful friends, kat, bondo, jeff and juan carlos hoping to seem them again.

it was anticlimatic for me, because the party is just starting, but i dont want to miss my flight.

then outside, me, alex dave and hanie looked like wet little chicks as we were a bit lost! haha so we tried to find our way back to the metro station of repubica argentina, we had to run as fast as we could because the metro would close before 1 am. after buying tickets, my god, the metro was deep and we had to run like we never ran in our lives! when we got there, the last train would arrive, thank god! i got heartburns and fell on the floor! hahahahaha. the last train would come in 20 minutes, but we were tired already to goof around, so we just sat on the benches looking like third world! hahaha.
but i came back alive and kicking! hahaha

when the train came, it then hit me, that, everything in just a couple of hours will end and i will start my normal life again.

back in the hostel, hanie and me shared our beds, but alex wouldnt budge! hahaha i thought he was tired but he came barging in our room and just kept on talking, dave hit the sack already and said that we should wake him up because we all have the same flight schedule. so the three of us decided to go to the common room, there were a bunch of people there, but when they saw they left, i knew it! hahaha we were smelly! hahahaha.

so we spent an hour there just talking and making fun of people. i swear there was a tv in the common room, but nobody seems interested, hanie and me ate our chips and after that, as we were all tired decided that it's time for bed.
alex in the metro!

when hanie and me got back to room, there were people there already, all of the beds were occupied.  one was sleeping already, the other just came, and in 30 minutes, another guy came and drunk. so its was hard to sleep, let alone hanie sleeping beside me in the small bunk.

i didnt slept all, because the guy from the top of the bunk was so heavy and kept moving and shaking the bunk. so i was wide awake all night.

so i looked drugged and dragged all evening, i didnt took a shower when i woke up, i reaked of smoke, sangria and alchohol and sweat from yesterday.  packed our bags, went to daves room and forcefully knocked! hahha but he was already out! amazing.

so the three of us went to tribunal station, i met dave once in düsseldorf meet up but we didnt had the chance to talk to each other, and now, finally we did.
hahahahah hahahaha
and he was a bit nervous about his flight because there are two airports in madrid and he doenst know which airport his airline was, they were leaving at terminal 2 while i leave at terminal 4, at their stop, i hugged hanie and said goodbye to dave. it was bit lonely, a few hours ago,i was in a party, then down to 4 people, then down to three and now i am alone.

at terminal 4, i had a big smile on my face but with a sinking heart, it all started here and everything will end here. waiting for the guys for 3 hours because hteir flight was delayed,  meeting alex, because he was the first one to arrive, hugging lori, hannah and rubs and giving me their birthday gift, seeing ben for the first time, camping in the airport while waiting for the subway to open.

tears welled up in my tired eyes.

i went to the iberia counter, checked in and waited for my flight.
im dead!
but i came back alive and kicking!…
but i came back alive and kicking…
dios mio!