Tourist-tour through Heidelberg

Heidelberg Travel Blog

A dove in the fountain

On Sunday, my friend had to work, and because she thought it would become boring for me to sit around in her apartement alone (and also, because she didn't want to work alone) she invited me to go work with her. She works in a Kindergarten of sorts, so that was fun. There were few kids and they were nice to play with.
Afterwards we went into the city, to Hauptstrasse to be exact. I've been there before and also up the castle, but somehow I never got around to the pictures... you know, how that goes, if its somebody elses cam. I am still waiting for those from Gaisberg... argh.

Anyhow, we went to view Hauptstrasse, which normally is a busy walking area, but on sunday all the shops were closed and only tourists were tingeling around and photographing.

The strange fountain
.. like me :-P It was fine weather, so we chatted and made pictures of each other and stuff. Yes, we were extremely lazy. Then we got a Salad and a Kebab at super-fast-food, which was good and ate it on the riverside, besides the old bridge. Again, I was surrounded by some irish guys, but they were younger and sober this time... hmm. But all they saw, was the orang-utan and tried to put their faces behind the mask. Again, I had reason to laugh. We went further on, past a famous church, which I have also been in earlier and I hope I will get the pictures of, and to a place with funny trees and a fountain. I don't know what it was, but its a funny place. And then, we went back a very oldish-looking street and found an indian fast-food restaurant. I love indian food, so I was thrilled and took plenty of it home.
The evening was ended with some DVD-watching... we were a lazy bunch.
What I loved about this day, though, was that it felt a lot like I lived there, what with going grocery-shopping on Saturday, going to work and hanging out by the river. And also, living in an actual apartement. I would love to experience this sort of thing everywhere I go...

The monkey
The monkey
Stadthalle
Stadthalle
The castle
The castle
A piece of art Innocent lambs
A piece of art "Innocent lambs"
A part of the old wall
A part of the old wall
A side street... cant you see peo…
A side street... can't you see pe…
Jesuitenkirche
Jesuitenkirche
Art
Art
Art Cancer
Art "Cancer"
Heidelberg Restaurants, Cafes & Food review
Tasty alternative to fastfood chains
We discovered this little restaurant while strolling around behind Hauptstrasse. The food is almost authentic indian fast food, almost because its not… read entire review
Heidelberg Sights & Attractions review
Pretty shopping area and old german architecure
The Hauptstra├če is a shopping area, but also gives easy access to all the major sights of old Heidelberg, like the University, two churches from diff… read entire review
Heidelberg