More hills

Salzburg Travel Blog

Dan's a great photographer... and the city is a good model too.
Today I met up with a travbuddy member, Dan, who is one of the nicest guys ever. It was a warm and sunny day and I didn't want to do a typical tourist-attraction tour. Since Dan asked me, what that strange building up the hill was, I decided we should go up Monchsberg, which is one of our many hills in the middle of the city. I have never walked up there myself, so it was new for me as well. The strange building, btw, is our Museum of Modern Arts. Once you made it up the stairs, its such a scenic place, even though its notorious for being the meeting place of gay people at evenings. I couldn't care less... the old city walls are so pretty and since it was autumn, the whole beauty of the forest came out as well. We had coffee at the museums terrace coffee, took some stunning pics and then went to the castle, via some more stunning old houses. I decided I wanted to buy and renovate one of them, if I win in the lottery that is.
Dan took some pictures of Untersberg as well, since we were planning to go up to Hitlers Eagles Nest the next day... besides Dan wanted to see snow, even though there wasn't any because of the heat.
In the castle we did the tourist tour though, including dinner and then walked down the straight path. It was a very nice day and I was proud of Salzburg for presenting itself so well on this day.
(The pictures are stolen from Dan's blog, with his graceful permission. Thank you.)
Dans a great photographer... and …
Dan's a great photographer... and…
Untersberg