Linzergassenfest, or how beer meets greek food meets The Beatles

Salzburg Travel Blog

Linzergassenfest is one of many little street-festivals that are held over the city in summer. What makes it different, is that its in the less-touristy part of the city and Linzergasse is the more "hippy-part" of the old city, while Getreidegasse is more posh and expensive.
Anyhow, we went there this time... and the motto was "Be sure to wear some flowers in your hair", but thanks to the austrian resistance to mottos of any sort, I was the only one to wear any... lol
 Every restaurant and bar had some extra tables out and some take-away food. There were three stages. In the middle part it was a jazz band, surrounded by the chinese restaurant, can't remember the name and the bosna-place. People just stood around, drank beer and ate. I am not a big jazz-fan, so we went back. I don't remember if it was further on or more towards the river, but there was a stage with some evergreens, austrian folk mostly.
I wanted to eat all over the place, you know a international experience for a few bucks, but my bf wanted to have a proper dinner at his favourite greek restaurant... so we went there, and in our way was the third stage, with a beatles-band. They had wigs and all, and kept on pulling jokes in english, so only half of the crowd got them. We met my bfs friend there, who said, he had been there all afternoon and had been drinking too much, just like the rest of the crowd. In Austria no free-entry fest goes down, without people having too much beer. *sigh* At least, that got some people to dance along, which was fun to watch. Sadly, there was no place left at the greek restaurant and because my bf is very selective with his food, we had to leave to find another restaurant.
Didn't take any pictures though... hmmm... just go see yourself if you want to.
fabricciocartone says: