Last hot day in Summer and stunning Landscape- Salzkammergut

Hintersee Travel Blog

Wow? WOW!
This was supposed to be last day of summer, so we could not stay home, could we? No. So we went to the Hintersee, the coldest lake but the most beautiful one too. At least in my opinion.
We again took Lucky, my cousins dog with us. Since dogs are not a big favourite with bathing-place-owners, we went through the small forest to the lakeside... apparently we weren't the first ones who had the idea, since there were a number of fireplaces and other people too. Later on we found out that Faistenau opened this side of the lake to the public. Its waters are so clear and blue and so "refreshing"... only Lucky was thrilled to go in first, but even he shivered after a while. I mean, after all, its fed by mountain springs and overshadowed by mountains, so its forced to be cold.
Later on we went too, to the shallow part.
There are a lot of stones on the ground, and they heat up the water a bit. I felt like actually drinking the water, its so clean. But then there were plenty of children playing in it too, so maybe not a good idea. My cousin was a coward and only went to the shallow parts, but I swam out quite a bit. Playing "dead man" and seeing the Salzkammergut-Hills rise around you: priceless. As long as you stay close to the surface, its bearable. I could even see fish swim by underneath me. I wish I had brought my airmattress, one with a window on it and I would have layed there for hours... or be drowned by Lucky, trying to save me. lol
Well, later on we went for a coffee and an amazing cake at the official bathing place. So tasty.
Well, for a tourist its far off the beaten track, but its practically on the way to Bad Ischl I think and a great refreshment on a long journey.
Hintersee