Everywhere but here...

Salzburg Travel Blog

2007 was a great year for me. I achieved a lot, changed my job and made new friends. The only problem that still bit me, was that I had such a travelbug and I always complained about how this must be the most boring city in the world.

Well, I always dreamt of living somewhere like London. So I looked up quite a number of London-blogs up here... and one blog really inspired me.  This girl was studying in London for a year (my dream-plan) and she took a lot of trips into the city. On one entry she said, that she knew events like the one she went to were held in New York, (where she usually studies), but she never went there.
That hit me, because I am pretty certain, quite a lot of exciting things happen here, in Salzburg, as well, but I don't notice, because I am dreaming of "somewhere else".
How is it that we always do a lot of exciting stuff on holidays or trips, but never at home. If I were to live anywhere else, I would propably get into the same routine sooner or later too. And complain, about how other places have bigger events than, for example, London. And how we enjoy the same things more, if they are in an extraordinary setting.

So, now I will watch my own area with wide open eyes... and so I don't forget what I found, I will blog it down.

missandrea81 says:
Congrats on today's feature! :)
sarahelaine says:
Congratulations on the feature! I agree. It's really easy to forget how to enjoy home when you're busy pining for a trip, but I'm trying really hard to have fun at home too. :)
troysgonewalkabout says:
Cool beginning - congrats on the feature :)
Salzburg