Los Angelisation - The Empire strikes the Fiesta Inn

Santa Barbara Travel Blog

Brunch with Tracy
I would finally leave LA - the place with all these awesome people. Ever tried to do a sit-up with an elephant on your chest? That’s how getting out of bed felt like. Fortunately, I love elephants, so I somehow managed.

Before I would catch the train to Santa Barbara I met Tracy for brunch in the cosy Alcove Cafe & Bakery. It was a fantastic brunch, apart from the fact that the fast approaching good-bye was numbing my taste buds. We chatted, watched some pictures and joked around until our emptying plates indicated the end of your little tête-à-tête.

Tracy had to get to work. We said good bye with a biiiiiig hug, after she had dropped me off at Jenn’s apartment, who later-on would take me to the station during her lunch break.
da da da daaaa, da da da da da da daaaaa, da da da da da daaaaa - downtown! (forgot the lyrics)

Jenn lives in LA downtown right next to these impressive corporate buildings, so her place is just a stone throw away from where she works. Also her apartment complex comprises a little green area with a pool. That’s where I chilled out, while I waited for Jenn to return. The thought of taking a sunbath at the pool in this little oasis of tranquillity, while being surrounded by skyscrapers made me smile.

Only an hour later Jenn came back and off we went to the station. The drive was a tiny bit emotional for me I have to admit. In a weird way I felt that I had known these guys for much longer than three days or so. But hey ho, life is like a river. It just keeps flowing. Time to say good-bye. Jen stopped the car, kicked me out of the door, threw my suitcase at me and left with screeching tires.
The Empire strikes the Fiesta Inn
“Bye Jen!” I waved my hand with a smile in my face. (Actually, I just made this last bit up)

The train journey was relaxed. I talked to this really friendly and super chilled-out surfer dude Vincent, who is taking over his dad’s furniture business. They produce bespoke furniture only. He gave me his Mens’ Health magazine as a present when we arrived in Santa Barbara.

At the station I asked a cab driver to help me to find a Motel. In an ideal world I would have couch-surfed in Santa-Barbara, but unfortunately my contact decided to behave in an awkward fashion, not replying to my emails or texts, so I decided to move on and stay in the Fiesta Inn instead.

The rest of the day I took to relax. I wandered around for a bit, had some good food, and I ended up watching half of a Star Wars episode. (Chereese, this one is for you!)

TRE69 says:
Another great blog entry Ragnar! :P
Posted on: Jul 19, 2008
Sheila_0808 says:
love the blog;P
Posted on: Jul 18, 2008
This journal entry is a draft and has not been published yet. Please check back later!
Brunch with Tracy
da da da daaaa, da da da da da da …
da da da daaaa, da da da da da da…
Disney Concert Hall