A little bit of Cape Cod.

Hyannis Travel Blog

Inside the Sandwich Glass Museum.

We decided that we wanted to go to parts of Cape Cod today. Kerry had been there several times and I had been there once before but we pretty much just drove straight thru on a quest to P-town which we didn't get to anyway because we get distracted by every lighthouse and cool beach on the way. This time we decided that we were going to go to Sandwich and Hyannis.

We got to Sandwich in the late morning found a place to park and just walked around. I have to say that I absolutely LOVED this town. I felt like I was in a little town somewhere in Ireland, I know I say that often but I really truely meant it.  We had decided we wanted to go to the Sandwich Glass Museum and look around. I love all things glass, crystal and especially pottery so I was keen to take a look around.

The glass museum.
I have never in my life seen so many different shapes, sizes and colors of glass products. They also had a glass blower on site and she was giving demonstrations. We spent a good deal of time in there, it was much bigger inside than it looked on the outside. They also had some really cool glass jewelry which of course I had to buy. After we left the museum we spent a little more time walking around the town. We saw this amazing resturant that was in an old church and thought we wanted to eat there but they didn't open until dinner so no such luck. We also saw an adorable cat walking around town with a red light attached to his collar that glowed everytime he took a step, of course I had to take a pic.

After we left Sandwich we headed off for Hyannis.

Beautiful Sandwich.
This of course caused me tons of inappropriate giggling fits all day long..... Hyannis....Uranus, you get the picture. Yes, I truely am very immature :) Hyannis itself was a pretty cool place however, evidently it is the seat of the I live on Cape Cod and am therefore better than everyone else who exists on this earth sect. Very annoying and I am not very tolerate of the people who think that just because they drive huge SUV's or Beemers and have more money than others that they are better than others so therefore Hyannis was just ok. We did manage to have a damn good dinner in a place I can't remember the name of. Our waitress was from Russia and was just here working for the season and we exchanged stories and laughs about the superiority complex of the town.
The cool church restaurant.
Kerry also found a great scrapbook store which we spent a hour in and an equally great candy store.

As we were walking around we saw advertisments for the duck tour, you know the old War World II amphibeous (I'm sure that's NOT how you spell that) vehicles that go from land to water. That was a fun time, the guide was funny and we did get to see more of the beautiful area from both land and sea.  After that we decided to drive around and look for some beaches and then headed back to Milford to see what we wanted to do the next day.

Aww kitty.