Day 1, The Departure

Jakarta Travel Blog

Ready to Go!

I woke up at 3 o'clock in the morning and prepared myself to be ready and half an hour later I woke up my first daughter, Arin. Just right before we left the house, I woke up Raya. She was ready to go before going to bed. She had changed her cloth and brushed her teeth.

At 4.15 we left for airport. We arrived at airport 5.30. After we prayed shubuh, we had breakfast. When we finished, just in time Harisko and his brother, Irfan, came. After saying goodbye to my husband and my brother (who took us to the airport), we proceeded to check in and waited for boarding.

We took Mandala to fly us. The take off time was 8.05, we boarded at 7.45. The flight was on time and comfortable enough. Only we didn't get any snack or drink. They provided food and beverage but it was excluded the ticket price. Fortunately, I had prepared snack and drink for my daughters so we were not hungry and thirsty during our 1 hour and 20 minutes flight. The airplane landed safely, but not smoothly. Harisko said it was the worst that he ever experienced. I remember the pilot’s name, Captain Fatahilah. (So what? Ha ha ha…)

Breakfast first!