Hidden gem of Czech.....

Olomouc Travel Blog

Sunrise in Olomouc

I have spent the last two days in a town East of Prague. I had not intention of coming here, but my accomodation for Adraspach-Teplice fell through, so  I had to change last minute. Funny how fate works that way, its been great. Olomouc is a smaller version of Prague without all the tourists. Its been really great just taking things at a slower speed for a couple of days. Olomouc is a bit off the radar for tourists currently, but I can see that changing pretty quickly with Prague being overrun.  Poets Corner, the hostel I am staying in, has been great. So far one the best Hostel experience, its much smaller and everyone is super friendly. The five Scotts that were staying there at the same time probably made the expereince even more enjoyable. Five friends who grew up in a small Scottish town decided to have a holiday together and have been traveling through Europe. It made for an interesting two nights, I will just say that it was pretty funny watching five drunk Scottsman dance at a club to Grease lightening! I am leaving peaceful Olomouc for Krakow this afternoon, a five hour train ride will send me into my third country. I will hopefully post more in the next week or so. I apologize for not having any pictures yet. I need to get to an internet cafe that I can post from.

Streets of Olomouc