It supposed to be just 1hr lay over...

Dallas Travel Blog

the nice guy who helped me... :)

And I arrived to Dallas, the flight was ok and I had just the exact time to catch my flight. We landed, but what’s going on? The captain asked to be patient, but our gate wasn’t available and we should wait until the plain there departures. OMG!!! And I have to catch a flight to Miami… I called the flight attendant and asked her how long it would take. She was very nice and explained me in a really polite way that she had no idea!!! I just had to wait, mmm. The man next to me noticed I was getting worried and recommended me to call American Airlines, to let them know what’s going on. Sure, I’d like to, but I didn’t have a local cell phone. So he offered me yours. He was so kind and I didn’t ask him his name. I feel so sorry about that…

I contacted American and explained the whole situation: I have to be in Miami by 12:00pm at the latest in order to have time to catch my flight to Lima (Peru).

Dallas airport
After being in “hold” for a looong time, they finally told me that they will communicate – Lan – the other airline that I might be missing the flight, so I would get a space for next flight to Lima – just a small detail. There is just 1 flight daily to Lima!!!! Anyway, the plain started to move, finally we were going to our gate. I run as fast as possible to the gate to Miami, just to see the flight was delayed… so I had to wait. There were just 15min and next thing we were boarding. Everyone was ready but the plain didn’t move, mmm. Suddenly the captain started to say, there was a problem and they were checking all the security. Which means? We had to wait. I called the flight attendant to figure it out how long it would take and she was the rudest person I have ever seen. She just checked my other boarding pass, which said I had to be at the gate at 1am in Miami and said: You are gonna be on time!

After endless 45min we took off. By the way, that lady didn’t realize that Miami was 1 hour ahead. So the possibilities of arriving on time were almost “0”.

arriving to Dallas
arriving to Dallas
Dallas General Tips & Advice review
Airport in Dallas (TX) - Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport (DFW)
I have been here just once and it was just a layover. Anyway, I could see this international airport is big. I had to change planes, which wouldn'… read entire review
Dallas