Onto the plane….for Singapore! Oh, and India of course ;-)

Singapore Travel Blog

For such a reputable newspaper, the articles about kittens and Rob Thomas seemed slightly out of place...

Although it was the nth time that our passports and boarding passes and whatever else had been checked, and it being close to midnight, I was still excited to be experiencing it as it was my first trip overseas (unless it’s the beaurocrat in me that just loves systems, red-tape, and throughput ;-)

On our way into the Singapore Airlines plane we were presented with an offering of newspapers for our journey; of course we had to get the New York Times, since what other opportunity could we have to read such a well respected, intellectual broadsheet. Of course, Sara having glasses gave her an intellectual edge when posing for her photo with the paper.

We had an enjoyable flight, with a fine selection of food, entertainment and conversation.

The plane being prepped

Upon arrival in Singapore for a brief stop-over before continuing on to Mumbai, we had a short time to drink in the sights…of Terminal 2; and my God!! All the pretty, pretty lights!! Running between the duty-free alcohol, perfume/cologne, lollies and electronic stores made me feel like I had had a wonderful and successful holiday, even though it had barely even begun! We quickly looked for the elusive dried guava that our friends, Anu & Gita have previously acquired on their way through Singapore, alas we had no luck, plenty of other dried fruit, just not guava. :-(

Once again we went through the plethora of passport/boarding pass checks and boarded our plane as the sun began to rise on this tiny country.

The service was once again quite good (although we did notice that the flight attendants didn’t seem quite as enthused with their work as the crew coming from Brisbane). I settled into my seat and looked forward to another viewing of Transformers and hoped to see the first and last third of the Starlight movie.

For such a reputable newspaper, th…
For such a reputable newspaper, t…
E4=Pretty Sunrise