Dinner @ Fiorella's Jack Stack Barbecue

Missouri Travel Blog

Fiorella’s Jack Stack Barbecue

Mark was absolutely right, there is no barbecue like the one at the Fiorella's jack Stack barbeque. The amount of food is absolutely obscene (in a good way) lol!

This was our lunch/dinner place on the meet up day. We started off with music from a duet (Mark & Mark) and a few drinks at the Classic Cup Cellar where Natalie, Sari and Jennifer joined us. I can’t recall how long we were down there, it looked like nightfall or one of those daytime dancing halls that imitate the night. The bartender was such a sweet girl who I believe was wondering what it was with the entire photo-taking thing. We seemed to take more photos than drink or dance to the nice music that our host was playing.

I guess we were tired or stressed out by the time we came tot he cellar because the good doctor was performing one of those ‘relaxers’ on Eric: but with Eric one could not tell, anything could have been possible.

Outside Jack Stack barbecue
From attention seeking to actually needing the massage that seemed to have put life back into him for a little while. I say a little while because after the meet up at the Grand Falloon, I did not see him again. Come to think about it, Yadi was missing too, am I missing something here? Hmmmmmmm. Anyway, I promised that when I host the Tucson meet, I will ask the Dr. to give me one of those neck and head relaxers, it looked so inviting.

Anyhow, from the Classic Cup Cellar, we took a stroll to the barbecue house that was literally down the road. We made a stop round the corner to see what turned out to be my favorite fountain of all. A lil’ boy stuck naked playing by the spring and a little toad peeing right onto his pipi, lol! You got to love this one.

A stroll down the street and right at the next street corner and we were at the Fiorella’s Jack Stack Restaurant.

My dinner, yummmm
A red canopy over the entrance and a bull by the door are the signifying signs of this well-known barbecue house. We were seated in no time and the most attractive and pleasant waitress attended us. She was very articulate remembering each order with such precision. She took our drink orders having given us all menus in preparation for our ‘feast’. I ordered tea because by now the low caffeine levels in my body were literally causing me to suffer J .

Then I looked at the menus: they are huge! They have everything from burnt ends, brisket, ribs, sausage, and great salads to large family packages. Their menu was something to look at. It took me a while to decide what I wanted to have, boy when they finally served me, I could not believe that it was a serving for one. I ordered the three meats (beef, pork and mutton), I never finished eating it all.

The Menu had a listing of Berkshire bunt ends, barbecued pork and meet specials, one the famous orders on the menu was the ‘union station’ and the ‘Super sampler’. Tim ordered the super sampler and Eric ordered a Brisket which came with baked beans, I must have eaten all of Eric’s beans because I kept asking for more and more, yumm. ‘The Big Taste of Kansas City’ was what caught my eye on the menu, I still recall wondering why someone would want that much meat: but in all honesty, the make up is irresistible.

Check them out at http://www.jackstackbbq.com. Better yet, if you are ever in Kansas City, let this be your first taste of KC.

My dinner, yummmm
Eric and Yadi with the menu at Jac…
Eric and Yadi with the menu at Ja…
The dinner place/ BBQ
The dinner place/ BBQ
Jack Stack Barbeque
Jack Stack Barbeque
Me with all the Newbies:)
Me with all the Newbies:)
Melanie taking a shot at hers
Melanie taking a shot at hers
Sal enjoying his ribs
Sal enjoying his ribs
Will waiting to take a bite, if on…
Will waiting to take a bite, if o…
Yummmy!