Almost home!

Singapore Travel Blog

my girlfriends were so sweet to see me off

On board cebupacific flight 5J 804 bound for Manila, Philippines.

How many times have I been on this flight now? I'm not sure, but what I'm sure of is that booking this Singapore-Manila flight has been like a regular every couple of months habit, hehe. But then, this is definitely not the same as my previous ones because this flight is THE flight. Finally, I am doing something that had been continuously begging for attention at the back of my mind. Finally, I am dropping everything and surrenderring myself to sponteinity. Quitting my current job and planning to bum for awhile, without a next job, is so not me. Well, it wasn't just a result of an overnight whim, rather, this was a product of months and months of stress that I tried to ignore but alas, reached my saturation point.

coffee cheers!
It had not been easy to do this at all, as I had to give up things which was hard to explain to everyone why I am giving those up. I did try to convince myself, and with a little of fate's teasing I almost chose to be where I knew was not where I wanted to be, and all for the wrong reasons. But as they say, some unfortunate events could actually be a blessing in disguise. If that misfortune did not happen last month, I would probably be the headline of the Parisian newspapers in the next couple of weeks, moreso, in the next 6 months: une Philippine folle effraye Parisiens, oh la la.

Anyways, so much of that drama. Let me just briefly go through what happened today:

1) I went to work as usual, but I brought my personal notebook to have it installed with the necessary applications to be able for me to access the office network remotely, as I didn't want to bring my office laptop, too jurassic and too geeky.

with Anna
At least my personal notebook can disguise all these geekiness. How? Well, my personal laptop is pink, need I say more? :P

2) On my way home from work, I made a quick side trip to this particular mall to find and get something that, according to my good chili friend, Apo (planisphere) is better than sex: his favorite Japanse chocolates from Royce. Oooh, am I hearing some enquiries where you could get these? hehehe. Check out www.e-royce.com  ;-)

3) When I got home, in 1 hour, I managed to have a chicken foldover meal delivered from McDonald's for a quick dinner, leave some quick messages to my travbuddy friends, made some finishing packing and call a taxi to take me to the airport.

4) At the airport, my chili girlfriends were so sweet to send me off after spending an hour of laughter, a slice of cake and coffee.

with Diovie
I somehow felt nostalgic as I remember the past send-offs we had for our chili/travbuddy friends: first for Nina (aoisoba) when she moved to Ireland last year, then Apo (planisphere) when he moved back to Philippines early this year. Then now it's me, although mine's just very short term and not actually moving out of Singapore.

5) At the immigration, the officers were in a good mood and very friendly. One even said "Salamat" to me which made me smile and said further that he knew only two Tagalog phrases and the other one was "Mahal kita", which made me grin and say "oohhh..."  I am quite amused when non-Filipinos say this phrase so casually because for us Filipinos, this has a deeper meaning, and we say this only when we mean it. Ask any Tagalog-speaking Filipino which is easier for them to say casually, 'I love you' or 'Mahal kita', and I'm gonna bet it would be the former. ;-)

Whoops, my laptop's battery is almost used up. Okidoki, I better end it here now.

I'm only an hour away from home now! Woohoo!!!

coffeefairy says:
well, a) because im sure i would have gone berserk if i didn't have this vacation; b) ask planisphere!!! hehehe :P
Posted on: Jul 14, 2008
Stevie_Wes says:
LOL, so ok, a) why were you in danger of being headline news? and b) is it (the chocolate) better than sex? The world needs to know ;D
Posted on: Jul 11, 2008
my girlfriends were so sweet to se…
my girlfriends were so sweet to s…
with Anna and Ays
with Anna and Ays
i love my girlfriends
i love my girlfriends
Singapore airport (budget terminal)
Singapore airport (budget terminal)
flight 5J 804 - Manila, Philippines