One-day in New Delhi

New Delhi Travel Blog

Getting mendi

I started the day at 10:45am.  I rented a car and a driver, Deepak. My 1 st stop was the Humayun's tomb. It was difficult sightseeing alone I took snapshots of the building but not many with me in it. I asked a few tourists to take some pictures for me they turned out ok but not so good. Well, at least it shows I was there!! Met two tourists from Canada, they were nice we exchanged pleasantries and they took some picture of me.

After the Tomb, I meet back with the driver and asked him to take me to lunch place. Deepak drove to tourist restaurants, there are many I can choose from. I had lunch at "Chicken Inn".  It was a bit weird for me to be sightseeing alone...the concept of a woman traveling alone is still rare but an Indian look alike woman alone is even more weird! I'm noticing this more since everyone speak to me in Hindi.

Humayan's Tomb
In reply I spoke English and they are taken aback! I guess I'm sending mixed signals. I didn't get to see everything on my list but I did a quick driveby of places that were closed.

Deepak drove me around the Red Fort and then to Gandhi Samdhi Rajghat. Its very peaceful here. I paid my respect and sat there on the lawn near him to watch people for an hour, thinking and thinking what to do now where do we go from here.  After that I met up with a friend, we went to bazaar near by for a quick meal and then we took the car to the market.  There were lots of people there but I like it. I got mendi done for both of my palms so I can do anything for 3 hrs!  I returned to my budget hotel room and packed.  I head out to the airport around 12AM and waited until 5AM before we took off....joy of delay flights...I had great time and wish it was longer but some day I will go back.

Humayans Tomb