Back to Austin

Austin Travel Blog

American Airlines Regional Jet to Austin (courtesy AA)

Shawn dropped me off at the airport about an hour before my flight -- which is plenty of time for the KCI airport -- has to be the easiest check in/check out airport ever for a major city!  I had a short wait for my flight, and then caught the American Airlines regional jet service back to Austin, via Dallas Love Field just like the way up.  I was home by 6:30pm.  The flights were smooth and non-eventful.

I had just got home and started to unpack when I got a text message from Shawn asking me if I had got home yet.  He was ten minutes outside of his hometown of Holdredge, Nebraska.  He told me that the Lincoln performed just fine!  Pretty amazing to think we both got home at about the same time -- with vastly different distances and modes of transportation!

I am still amazed at how cosmopolitan Kansas City is and the culture is has to offer.  It really exceeded my expectations.  The organizers (James and Mark) are to be congratulated on putting together a great meet up and picking out activities for us that showed off the city and had wide appeal for our group.  I do think that my favorite event, however, was the bike ride that Shawn and I did Sunday morning.  It was just so fun to get out and be active, see the city from a different perspect and to interact with some locals.

I would definitely do another TB meet up.  It was so good to real names, profile names and faces together with real people and to share lots of fun in a new place.  It feels like I have a whole new set of friends ready to travel at a moments notice.  I'm looking forward to the next adventure!

American Airlines Regional Jet to …
American Airlines Regional Jet to…
photo by: cabotono