Getting there !

Los Angeles Travel Blog

Heathrow T5 was very kind to me and i sped through the protocol of Britains newest airport terminal. If this is how it's meant to operate, then job done and well done.

For me, landing in Los Angeles was a real eye opener. It is that much different to the Uk in every single way. Sprawling out as far as the eye can see, with cloud of smog sitting right in the middle of it all.

I got the "Flyaway" shuttle bus from LAX to Union Station in downtown Los Angeles, and was treated to my first glimpse of Palm trees. I couldn't stop taking pictures of them. I thought they were beautiful to look at and very exotic, especially to a Brit like me. Union Station itself had a very Spanish feel and look to it. The most pleasing to the eye railway station i have been to so far in fact. I have been to lots of railway stations all over the place, and most seem to attract the homeless, beggars and drunks, but i didn't spot one here. Maybe i was lucky...You guys tell me!

I had four hours to fill while waiting for my train, and it just flew by. I was in and out of the station taking photos and enjoying the sun. Then i was back in the station enjoying the comfy leather seats with a paper and wondering how they keep the floor so polished in here. There was a good few places to eat and a inviting looking bar to use.........then my train was called.