Private tour from Sabi, enjoying the sights, being a kid again :)

Vienna Travel Blog

Schonbrunn Palace

I met up with  Sabi, she was really nice in meeting me at my hostel so I don't have to find her somewhere in Vienna, its a good thing because I was only able to check in 30 minutes before we met...

I wanted to visit Schonnbrunn Palace and we made our way there, but first we needed to find it on the map... Since Sabi haven't visited alot of these touristy places in Vienna in awhile, we needed reference.  Don't worry Sabi I would need to look on a map in New York also :)

Schonnbrunn is a beautiful place, it was the summer palace for the Austrian Monarchy, there is a maze, a breathtaking view of Vienna.

Enjoying some drinks on Danube Island
.. After trekking up and down the hills of Schonbrunn we got hungry and got a bite at Mr.Lee, Sabi really liked since she got to sit in the high chair and feel very very tall haha

Sabi showed me where she works, which is at a casino, the place where you gamble not the italian definition lol.  After stuffing ourselves, we took in more sights, Hofburg, Parliament, Stephendom, the city center and the mandatory photo for Sabi w/Motzartfugel :) Sabi doesn´t visit the touristy cites so she was taking more photos in than I was!

The weather was playing games with us, sometimes it was hot, sometimes cold/windy, sometimes rainy, but we decided to take the chance and go to Donauinsel (Danube Island) for some drinks, a beautiful atmosphere and view of Vienna in the riverfront bar.

After a few drinks, Sabi showed me where the local Thai and Vietnamese spend warm summer days, apparently they don´t play nicely togethe since they are segregated by a road, Why???  We had alot of energy left so being the kids at heart that we are, we headed to Prater! Its an amusement ride park, full of attractions/shows we walked around and had a great time... The ice cream was awesome:)  Thank you very much to Sabi for being a wonderful host in her city!

What was also cool was that I got a chance to go back to the place where I livied in Vienna as a kid 18 yrs ago in Sudtirolerplatz... It was only for a few months but it did brind back memories

sabzero says:
ha, ha, ha... yeah it was a great day and we had a lot of fun :-)
Posted on: Jul 27, 2008
Schonbrunn Palace
Enjoying some drinks on Danube Isl…
Enjoying some drinks on Danube Is…
Gloriette
Hofburg
Hofburg
Vienna Hostels review
Decent Hostel near Westbanhof
This is really University Housing, just during the summer it rents out some of the rooms to travelers/backpackers like me. The rooms are regular hote… read entire review
Vienna