Krakow, old town, Wawel Hill, and cars everywhere

Krakow Travel Blog

OK I had a great time in Bratislava,  but I was off to Krakow...

I had heard countless accounts of Krakow being a beautiful city and people vouching for it telling me I HAVE TO see it so my expectations were pretty high and the city just didn't deliver for me :(

Checked out the Wawel Hill, Cathedral, the Old Town, don't get me wrong it is very nice, but to say it is one of the most beautiful cities in Europe would be FALSE! It is nowhere near Prague, Vienna, Madrid, or Paris!!! Maybe if I would have visited 15 yrs ago my opinion would be a bit different because it looked to me that the city has not kept up the upkeep on the buildings and you get a feeling that it is a bit more run down that you would expect...

Another thing I found disturbing and kinda ruined the city for me was ALL THE CARS!!! The city is quite small and everyone seems to have a car, but lack of parking facilities is striking... Every sidewalk is covered with cars, barely leaving room for people to walk and ruining the character of the city... Couldn't the Polish learn a thing or too from the Spaniards or French (Ok I am stumbling onto a Polish joke lol)

jefrois says:
Everyone that I knew told me how beautiful Krakow was and it was just "OK" for me and yeah too touristy
Posted on: Jul 27, 2008
Aquedita says:
To tell the truth, Krakow is too touristy and too overrated anyway :P
Posted on: Jul 27, 2008
Krakow Hostels review
Hostel near Wawel Hill
This Hostel is a very nice place located just south of Wawel Hill, and Krakow’s Old Town. It is part of an apartment building complex, but has all … read entire review
photo by: EmyG