'En Viva Espana!' Spaniards take over London for one night!... Sleeping at Gatwick Airport :(

London Travel Blog

Gherkin Building

A bit hungover after a great night at Bar 55 last night, didn't get up till 1 pm, ooofff my head :( I had some time to kill before the EURO 2008 Final so I did a bit of sightseeing, atleast stuff I haven't seen before in London.  I checked out the Tower Bridge, the Financial District, the Gherkin, whichis the egg shaped building... REALLY COOL!

I went to Leicester Square to watch the match, the place was packed with Spaniards! Maybe 5 German supporters in the entire 2 story bar :) The game was fun, Espana won and then, Spaniards to it to the streets to celebrate... Car horns blarring, mobs of people filling the streets, and the chants of 'En Viva Espana!' could be heard everywhere.  On my way back to Gatwick airport, the scene in Trafalgar Square was awesome, people partying till the early morning!

I am off to Copenhagen but because my flight is really early, I am sleeping in the airport... It wasn't too bad I found a nice spot on the floor, all the benches were occupied by 1 am, there was one guy who took up 2 benches, connected them and SLEPT ON BOTH! CLASSIC :)

Being a hobo for a night wasn't too bad until about 4 am when people started to show up and you can hear people talking about you, "look at that guy!"... The who time I am thinking, "KEEP IT DOWN A GUY IS TRYING TO SLEEP HERE!!!" LOL

Off to Copenhagen!!!

rgriffs says:
I'm suprised you got comments like that in the airport. Havent checked where you've been but if you havent experienced it Dubai International has an incredible amount of people sleeping in the departure lounge!
Posted on: Jul 27, 2008