Last stop... Milan

Milan Travel Blog

After two weeks (minus one afternoon) of absolutely perfect weather, I arrived to a dreary, cool and rainy Milan afternoon.  (Yeah, I know.... I'm the brat complaining about Italy...)  Don't worry, I made the best of it!  Though I prefer not to travel alone, I had a nice day and a half in Milan by myself.  My hotel (booked blindly by the travel agent in Athens weeks ago) was AWESOME.  Literally behind the Duomo (2nd largest cathedral in the world), and such a nice room!  (I have a feeling this is because I told them I wanted to be central and safe since I would be alone - but I paid for it!...... still, totally worth it.)  I had dinner alone around 9PM, with a gorgeous view of the medieval castle, then asked the waitress for a suggestion of something to do.
  She sent me to a really cool area with lots of people, bars, etc.  I ended up meeting some fun Milanese people and having a great night out!  Sunday was spent exploring the city and touring the Duomo.  Quite a nice day of leisure actually... Lots of walking around the city in the morning, cathedral after that, long lunch with great wine and cured meat on the piazza and then some gelato as I walked home for siesta (and a nasty afternoon storm).  Great day, all in all!

I knew this would be a fun vacation... I had no idea it would exceed expectations the way it did.  I  have our itinerary ready to send out, and I'm more than happy to give suggestions if anyone is headed that way.  However, I strongly suggest that, if you do decide to head to the fabulous Greek Isles, you do not over-plan your trip!  Sounds scary to have open plans (or no plans in our case!), but it makes for the best memories in my opinion.

photo by: williamsworld