Never going home...

Athens Travel Blog

The subject line pretty much sums up how Danielle and I feel about Greece so far.  It is absolutely spectacular!  And probably one of the most relaxing places I have ever been.  I know I can speak for both of us when I say that we are getting some much needed R&R!  The people are wonderful, the food and wine are great and the scenery is unreal.

We had a bit of a bumpy start to our trip, but everything is going great.  I got into Athens on Friday afternoon, knowing that Danielle had missed one of her connections and I had no idea when she would get in.  I went to the hotel we had booked (the only thing we had actually booked in advance!) to find out they had given our room away when Danielle didn't show up when we said she would.  The owners were quite helpful though, and booked me in a nearby hotel that turned out to be pretty nice.  After checking email, I found that I would be on my own for the night, since Danielle couldn't get out until late Friday afternoon.  I had a nice evening seeing the sights in Athens and she showed up about 11:30 the next morning, so it worked out OK.

We stopped by a travel agency that afternoon to book our ferry over to Samos, which is the usual departure point for trips to Turkey.  After about an hour with him, we had booked the entire rest of the trip!  Ferries, hotels, flights - the works.  Turned out great, since we don't have to worry about anything but which of the fabulous Greek wines to have with dinner or the best vantage point to see the sunsets :)

SheLuvz2Fly says:
Ok....I am drooling over here!
Posted on: Jul 06, 2008
Athens General Tips & Advice review
Amazing Recommendations for Island Hopping Travel!
"Knowing this could save your life" might be a dramatic overstatement, and by free, I mean you pay for all the stuff, but not them. In any case..… read entire review
photo by: Johnpro