The Wind in the Willows

Tioman Travel Blog

Salang

Waking up late, well, not late in general, just late for my trip, I hobbled down the one street town to grab some grub to rejuvinate me from the night before.  Some roti canai and a tea later, I was back on my way to the beach to do some more relaxing and snorkeling, snorkeling and relaxing.  I needed a book.  Something to occupy my mind during the dead time at the beach.  Not knowing what to do, and in a shop for another reason, I saw a place to rent books.  Just like a library.  After some thought, I chose the childrens, "The Wind in the Willows".  A buck eighty pages, geared for children, the perfect book to not think too much about.

Most of the same fish were spotted while snorkeling, and a sea urchin could be seen hiding amongst the choral.

cool yellow one
  I thought I saw a turtle, but it turned out to be a coconut.  Shucks.  Breaking for lunch and some shop perusing, I ended the afternoon at the beach and made it back out for the sunset.  I enjoyed a quiet dinner with only the book as my company.  Tear.

Ater packing for the next morning, I headed out to walk around the town a bit.  On my way back, I was invited to join a family from KL who were grilling their own fish that they had bought from local fisherman that evening.  Delicious, tuna and a few other fish that they didn't know the translation of and some whiskey.  A banqet fit for kings.  So friendly and accomodating, I spent the next two hours conversing with the family about food, Viet Nam, and any other topic that was on our minds.

tons of the striped guys