Travel Day and a broken camera

Mersing Travel Blog

The day could have started off better.  I woke up, so that's a good thing, but as I walk to the local bus station outside Taman Negara, I thought it would be a nifty idea to snap a photo of the early morn mist hovering around the canopy of the rainforest.  It was not.  Half asleep (6:45 in the morning people), I pulled my camera out haphazardly and it dropped.  The viewfinder was pitch black.  No photo, and no more photos for the rest of the trip.  I would later amend this by buying a few throw-away cameras, however, as the subsequent pictures show, it wasn't quite the same.

Anyway, after the local bus, was stranded in the snowglobe that was Jerantut again - no way out!  A few hours later, while conversing with some females, I barely caught my bus to Kuantan.  In Kuantan, I was ripped off at a restaurant, so no good memories there either.

Finally, as the bus entered Mersing, some 12 hours after my departure from Taman Negara, I was tired and on the hunt for some Ferry tickets and a place to rest my head.  After seeing a dude cleaning himself at the first place, I settled at the creatively named Mersing hotel and faded away into the night.

photo by: vvicy1