The Singapore Airport

Singapore Travel Blog

Opting to save some money and spend the morning charging my iPod and meandering around the neighboorhood, the highlight of my last day in Singapore was the airport.  I was expecting huge things from this based on what I read.  However, it was ok.  Don't get me wrong, this place was immaculate, just like the city.  And,  there was a speedy efficient train to transport passengers around the airport in a quite efficient manner.  If this thing was placed in Viet Nam, citizens would think that they woke up in the future.

After a speedy checkin, a jaunt through passport control, and the mailing of some letters,  I went to explore the terminal.  Nothing too out of this world.  But, they had several nice restaurants, comfortable couches placed directly in front of televisions showing Euro 2008, and countless numbers of stores.  Plus, free internet kiosks located throughout the premises.

Also, security checkpoints are placed at each bording gate, which eliminates those long lines after check-in.  Nice touch.  Did you hear that other airports?  Please, copy off of Singapore and move security checkpoints to each individual gates.  I'm especially talking to you, Philadelphia.

700 km (435 miles) traveled