The Journey to Singapore

Singapore Travel Blog

Merlion

The day started bright and early.  After lending my services to a couple hauling two dead bodies disguised as diving eqipment, I sat on my ferry with only one older lady.  After stopping two ports down, the crew informed her (and in turn, me) that there were some problems with the petrol and that we had to go board a different company's ferry.

As we waited, I was chatting with this woman and told her my deal - living in Viet Nam, my travel itinerary, etc, etc.  Apparantly convinced I was normal, she said she could take me to Johor Bharu, which is the last stop in Malaysia before Singapore.  Her and her two amigas were going shopping for the day and had a free space in the car.  I jumped at this opportunity because, 1. It would allow me to arrive in Singapore like three hours earlier than I would have, had I taken the bus, and 2.

Raffels
  A chance for some local flavor, some scenery from a car window and some conversations with some Mersing natives.

At the border, my bus ticket lost a battle with a fan and I had to choose to either walk across the border or buy another us ticket.  I walked across the border.  After dealing with formalities, I rode a bus for a while without paying.  I tried, but the dude looked at me and said "No Change".  He was the most serious man I have ever seen.

I walked around downtown for a while, exiting at Raffles stop and did the most touristy, cliche thing ever and got the Singapore Sling at the Raffels hotel.  Walked around a bit more until I met tb abu who was generous to provide accomodations for the duration of my stay in Singapore.  Better than any hotel, he even placed mints on the pillow.

That night ate some sting ray, headed to Clark Quay, spent all the money I withdrew from the ATM that day, went back out and lost my way, got a drink with no pay, met a girl whose name I won't say, then came back and got .....a water and slept alone on the couch.

abubu says:
mints?!!! wtf! lol!!! now who's that girl?! hehehe.
Posted on: Jul 03, 2008