Texel

Texel Travel Blog

Boat
For our 7th Wedding Anniversary I spurprised my wife with a weekend away to one of the Dutch Islands Texel. We had ordganised for the girls to be looked after for 3 days so we started the 2 hour drive to the cost about noon, I had been planning this for months and I think in the last week let slip about where we were going and as she hadn't been there before thought it was a greta idea. Mind you 3 days away from the kids is also a great idea!

After a short Ferry ride, which was my first ferry ride actually, we were on the island heading to our accomodation, which was a little motel not too far from the beach. We got setled and then for a late afternoon walk, which seemed to be taking forever as all we wanted was to see the sea but over every hilll there waqs another one facing us... so we gave up and went back to the motel for dinner. Dinner was nice and the next day we hired some bikes and went for a bike ride. We went to two villages where we ate and shopping before returning to our accomodation.

We did manage to fidn the beach this time and althouhg not very warm, many people were on the beach enjoying a warmer day, while we opted for the sactuary of a closed trrace. That done we returned to our motel for another great meal and then preared to go home. It wasn't really long enough, but it was a  good weekend getaway and a very romantic place for our anniversary.
Trish