Kuala Lumpur

Kuala Lumpur Travel Blog

Apartments

Our flight left Australia at 11.45pm, next stop the Kuala Lumpur International Airport. You would think that with the plane leaving at around that time, that the kids would sleep and Trish and I could get some rest… that’s what you’d think anyway. I never can sleep really well on these long haul air plane flights, which is good, as the kids needed quite a bit of attention. They just didn’t seem to sleep at the same time or were unsettled most of the flight. I managed to get about 20 minutes sleep the entire night.

The plane touched down a little early and we got off the plane and made our way through the airport. We had arranged for a car from the Motel we were staying at to pick us up, which was easy to arrange, just not so easy in the execution.

Breakfast Chef
A similar thing happened last time we had travelled to Malaysia two years ago, basically the hotel limo (which isn’t really a limo it’s normally just a nice car, like a Mercedes), just didn’t turn up. Now when you get to the Arrivals hall at KL it is very confusing as there seem to be literally a hundred or so Taxi Drivers or Limo drivers all wanting your business. They will approach you and try and coax you into their preferred method of transport. It can be confusing especially when you think you have transport arranged. I contacted the Motel and discovered that they had forgotten us and someone would be with us soon, 15 minutes. After about half an hour waiting we asked another company to take us, we were tired and wanting to get to our accommodation, which was almost an hour away in the centre of KL.
Executive Suite

Once we got to our Motel we booked in and then went in search of some breakfast in the streets of KL. As we had stayed in the Motel 2 years ago, the area was familiar which makes a difference when you are tired and hungry in a foreign land. We walked around for about an hour trying to decide which place to eat at and eventually decided on the first place we went past, which is a place we have eaten at before. The style of food in Malaysia is quite different, so when you order breakfast you need to expect something different, and usually it’s noodles or some kind of fried rice. This time I opted for a beef rendang, which required me to purchase extra water to cool my mouth, but was very tasty.

After breakfast, I took Reagan for a swim and upon our return Trish said she had had a phone call from the Motel offering to upgrade our room for free because of the airport transfer mix up.

Jordan sleeping
We went to look at the ‘Executive Suite’ which was quite nice with a second toilet and a huge lounge area and even a desk for the computer, the bedroom also had a sitting area and a lounge to watch the second TV. We were quite impressed and we hadn’t even complained, the motel had offered this as a way of fixing the mistake.

The next 2 days were spent shopping, which is very cheap here. We started replacing the DVD collection that we had lost, and the DVD’s here seemed really cheap… and after watching some we realised why. Some were copies and others were really bad copies, some were even taped on camcorders and burnt to DVD. Other things were cheap also, such as digital cameras etc, just a shame we weren’t in the market for much like that. It would almost be worth flying here just to stock up on those types of things if you were buying enough.

The third day we packed our stuff and headed toward the western side of Malaysia to a place called Malacca where we had planned to do some relaxing at a 5 Star Resort!

Jordan sleeping
Just a little bit of luggage?
Just a little bit of luggage?
Kuala Lumpur Tower
Kuala Lumpur Tower
Beef Rengdang
Beef Rengdang
I felt tall in this shopping centr…
I felt tall in this shopping cent…
KL Housing