San Diego Wild Animal Park, Brad Paisley concert.

Escondido Travel Blog

Wild Animal Park

This was a fun day.  I got up early and headed out to Escondido to see the Wild Animal Park.  I was greeted promptly at the ticket counter and the lady didn't have any trouble with the voucher I had pre-purchased off Expedia.com.  I got in easily, was handed a map, and headed out.  I took a walk around the majority of the park and was able to get into the Journey into Africa tour, which was great.  WE took the tram all around the park and saw all kinds of animals.

It did get a little warm in the afternoon so I got out of there around 3 to head back to the hotel for a cool shower and a short nap before I went up to Irvine to see Brad Paisley at the Verizon Wireless Ampitheater.  This was a huge place, and the weather was perfect, so it was a great time. Brad had brought with him Chuck Wicks, Julianne Hough and Jewel.  The whole show was wonderful.  I was a bit curious as to what Jewel would play, and I was pleased that she played a lot of her old stuff as well as her new songs that are more country sounding.

It was a fun Day overall.

Escondido