Getting there is half the battle.

National City Travel Blog

I flew on USAirways, after an adventure in figuring out where to park the car.  I finally found a spot and got the ticket from the attendant so that I could find the car again when I get back home.  The flight was full, so it was a little squished, but I'm used to that being 6'1 and flying coach most of the time I fly.  I was happy that they are not yet charging the extra $15 to check a bag, which apparently starts sometime soon and will probably keep me off USAirways in the future.

I got the rental car with minimum hassle and made the decision to pre-pay for my gas.  This is a decision I have not yet decided was good or bad.  I ended up paying $75 for gas, driving about 300 miles.  So I'm just not sure.  I don't think i will pre-pay for gas again.

I had my usual dinner at the Fish Market, down on the waterfront off of Harbor Drive, followed by a walk down the sidewalk to help with the digestion.  We have a Fish Market in Phoenix, but I just love the one in San Diego, so I make it a point to get there every time I am in town.

I found the hotel with a bit of confusion, but once I checked in it was good.  The room was clean, it wasn't noisy despite being right by the freeway in National City, and I did ok with the TV.  Here's where i stayed:

And that was the first day of the trip.  Friday night!

National City