Worlds longest pier

Southend-on-Sea Travel Blog

me and the pier
Me and Zak both had a Sunday off work, so decided we would go and see the world's longest pier in Southend-on-Sea after reading about it TNT.  It was an hours trip east of London by train.  It was a pretty crappy day, cold and almost raining, so my plans of jumping off the end of the pier were quickly thrown out!

The pier is 2.158km long!   Much longer than the piers we use to jump off at Rye and Sorrentto!  The day we went there, just so happened to be the same day as an Air show, so there were planes and helicopters flying above us, and the streets were closed off for a bit of a festival.

We got some cod and chips from a fish and chip shop, then caught the train (haha!) that runs from one end of the pier to the other.  Once out there, we took some photos, and started the 2km walk back to land!

Once back on land, we walked back to the train station, and made the journey back to London.  Not a hugely eventful day, but pretty much the only touristy thing I have done since being in England!  And now we can both say we've walked on the worlds longest pier! :D
me and the pier
cod and chips!   no flake!
cod and chips! no flake!
looong pier!