Road Trip

Portland Travel Blog

Way to early Saturday morning Ida picked me up and we hit the road! We had plan a small (just two days) road trip to Portland....a lot of people had asked us: " Why Portland?" and we always answered that we just wanted to get away and see something ! So we really didn't had any specific plans or thing to see.

First stop was Mount st. Helen's a active volcano that erupted in the 1980 and has been growing since. Has we climbed the road the weather was crap - all fog. There were even snow at the side of the road some places. So our hopes weren't that big, put when we arrived at the parking lot the sun was out to greet us and it was a spectacular view - really pretty. Nature lovers as we are, I think we spend 15 minutes there and then it was back in the car - we still had 3-4 hours before arriving in Portland. Those hours passed by unnoticed and around lunch we were there.
Because we didn't had the big plans, we just walked around, looked and had ice cream....we visited the Saturday farm marked and Chinatown and spend a couple of hours be the river sitting in the sun and looking at people...there was the Portland pride festival so everybody was in a good mood.
The night was spend at Kent Hotel... nothing big, but we survived and it was farely cheap. Outside our window there was a street bar that celebrated the pride festival, so we go  free drag show. Early (again) we left the hotel...this time because the our parking ticket expired at 9. After picking up the car we hit the road and went to Cannon Beach to see the pacific...I had the silly idea that we could take a swim, but the wind blowed and it was icy cold, so I dipped my feet instead. After a very healthy breakfast (peacan cinnamon bun) we started our last drive....the home drive! Lunch was eaten just before entering Washington state at a small beach. The sun shinned and it was great and we agreed that it had been a very good weekend.