Coffs Harbour to Brisbane

Brisbane Travel Blog

Aunty Helen & Reagan
Our trip to Brisbane was uneventful and we arrived at about 2pm and then unpacked the car. The place we were staying in Brisbane was at the Kangaroo Point Apartments, which is very close to the city. We had stayed here in May on 0our last trip to Brisbane and we found the accommodation very nice. We had two bedrooms, a full kitchen, lounge and dining areas and a huge balcony. Just perfect for relaxing!

Now with the break-in we had some organising to do, which seem to take me phone call after phone call to do. Each time I thought I’d got it all sorted another mistake had taken place and left me wondering what I had to do to get things done right. At one stage the insurance company even organised for repairs to be done 1000 kilometres away back in Sydney.

The Big Prawn
By the time the week was over everything had been approved and fixed, all we had to do was wait for the money from the insurance company… or so we thought. I tried my best to have everything finalised and considering our circumstances we thought it quite acceptable that they hurry through the paperwork etc, but things don’t seem to work that way. My faith in insurance companies has been diminished and my trust in other humans is definitely been tested.

Although Brisbane was busy and stressful we did manage to enjoy ourselves a little. On Trish Birthday we were lucky enough to have an offer to baby-sit the girls by our good friends James and Jodie. They are also from Rocky, but live in Brisbane now. They had babysat Reagan before for us when she was younger and they lived in Rocky.

Brisbane building
Trish decided she wanted a Japanese meal so we went into the city and had that thing when they cook in front of you… tepi something I think? We really enjoyed it even though Trish ended up wearing more than she ate, which is something that happens at those places. Thanks James and Jodie, we really appreciate the time together.

A couple of days later my Aunt, Uncle and two cousins came to visit us in our apartment. My Uncle is helping me sell the car so after a relaxing afternoon on the balcony my Uncle drove our car back to there place. Hopefully it will not take long to sell, thanks Uncle Gary for helping with that.

The next day we were due to leave at just before midnight, so we arranged a late checkout from the apartments and we thought we would have a relaxing day waiting for time to pass… how wrong we were.

Cousin Kylie and Jordan
We had so much more packing to do and as we were only allowed a certain weight limit on the plane as luggage we had to decide what we were keeping, posting and throwing. It wasn’t an easy task, but we managed to have it all done about 30 seconds before our Taxi arrived. We had planned to get to the airport really early which was good as we wanted to relax, which we finally did. We were due to fly out at 11.55 pm, but for some reason the plane actually took off a little early, which was nice. The girls were both asleep before we even left the ground and we hoped the flight would stay that easy… Next stop Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.

Cousin Kylie and Jordan
Jordan eating the table... she was…
Jordan eating the table... she wa…
Jordan waving at the airport