Purchased my Dinghy

Kemah Travel Blog

My new Dinghy!
Well I went to Lexington, Texas on Sunday morning around 7 am to pick up a 10 foot dinghy for my boat. When I got there, It was already aired up and looked pretty good. I assumed it was only a 8' boat, so when i noticed it was larger, I was worried it might not fit in my little VW. Luckily I was able to deflate it with the help of the lovely young lady who was the daughter of the owner.

Once I was able to get everything loaded up, I headed to Kemah to get it unloaded and take it around the boat. Once I got it unloaded, I ended up having a heat stroke and was completely useless for about a hour or so. Once me and Huy were able to get the boat aired up and the floors installed, we got the motor started and took off.
Its little motor!
During this, we lost part of the motor that held the motor out of the water during the times I wasn't using it. I supplement with a stiff peice of rubber pipe. :-\

We ended up going out all the way across clear lake and noticed the 2 stroke motor that I have needs a carb cleaning bad, it was not atomizing the fuel properly and ran kinda bad. It was sure fun to zoom around and we even jumped a couple wakes from some jet skis and had some ladies wave at us.

On our way back, we came into the Marina area and decided to take a trip around to see everything, something we have never done before because all our other boats are WAY to large to get into tight spaces. Comes to find out there was a nice Catamaran and Trimaran on the other side of the marina that we went and looked at. These things were amazing and made my boat look like a complete turd sandwich.

When coming back from the looking at the multi-hual boats, I decided I didn't want to drive all the way around the marina again to get back to my boat, so we cheated and took off under neath the dock, having to duck under the concrete walk way skirt under it. I am willing to wager none of the other people who own boats there are ass immature as we were, but it sure was fun! When I came up to my boat and tried to dock the dinghy next to it and I went to throttle down to slow down. Not being the best driver yet, I ended up giving it full throttle and crashed it into the dock but luckly it just bounced off with no problems.

Next week, Adventures fishing in my dinghy!
Kemah