Tsetsenelasin Kita Dyan!

Liliw Travel Blog

Liliw, arriving there at almost 3 PM. It was just too hot. The place is known for its footwear. Liliw is perhaps best known for its cold water spring resorts, native homemade sweets and a sizeable shoe industry that rivals that of Marikina City. My mom and sister where scouting for some sandals but I was not interested to buy anything especially shoes or sandals.

The town has a feel of fiesta when we arrived there. I guessed that they also were celebrating the feast of San Isidro. I was gravitated towards the huge crown in front of a three storey house. I asked around and one vendor told me that during the feast of St Isidro, some rich folks here would throw some money and some sandals for the crown to catch. I find this practice backward. I really don't know why but I find this stupid and pathetic and seeing the crowd, they were like some dogs so happy to eat the food that fell from their master's table.
I simply can't see the "fun" from this tradition... I just can't. Do something like Pahiyas, that's more productive and relevant.

Anyway, I was just glad to see a 16th century old church, though the facade looks new now with some renovation made to it. Though honestly, after seeing the church in Majayjay, this one looks too ordinary. Maybe it was the heat that made me not like the church too much. I was with my mom most of the time and her energy level decreased with every step we made in this town. I really blame the heat.

And to refresh us, we were brought to a small canteen or karinderya for a glass of halo-halo with cheese. It was part of the itinerary. However, the place is too small, it can't accommodate all the "tourist". There were about 80 plus of us who joined the trip, so not every one can have a comfortable seat inside the resto. So our group decided to just have it "to go". We ate our halo-halo inside the bus with the comfort of air conditioning.

Few more minutes, we left the town to see the last part of our itinerary. The underground cemetery of Nagcarlan.
planisphere says:
hahaha di ko pa nasusulat ang entry! tsenelasin kita eh. hahaha
Posted on: May 17, 2009